a Hurry to Lose Fat? Start
Now with this Limited-Time Offer!
Top 10 Diet Myths
Are you up-to-date on the latest diet & exercise information? Maybe you already know that a Caesar salad has more calories than a cheeseburger. But, are you really a Weight-Management EXPERT?
Test your knowledge with this TRUE or FALSE quiz:
1. Over 95% of dieters regain weight because of genes, hormones &
FALSE. Keeping weight off simply requires different skills than losing weight on a diet.
2. Exercise makes it easier to lose weight because it burns calories & decreases hunger.
FALSE. Exercise increases hunger & must be balanced with proper amounts of food.
3. Eating high-calorie/high-fat foods or eating late at night is always fattening.
FALSE. Staying within your daily calorie allowance prevents fat gain 24 hours a day.
4. North Americans are generally eating less fat and losing weight.
FALSE. We're eating less fat, but more calories & we're gaining weight.
5. Liposuction on your thighs permanently removes fat cells, so your thighs stay lean.
FALSE. Your body creates new fat cells in the same area as you store extra calories.
6. The fat in cellulite is more stubborn to burn than normal fat.
FALSE. Cellulite is overstuffed with normal fat, fluid retention & poor muscle tone.
7. Walking a mile burns as many calories as running a mile.
TRUE. The amount of work is the same, it just takes longer to walk.
8. Walking a mile burns more fat than running a mile.
TRUE. A greater percentage of calories are burned from fat at lower intensity levels.
9. If you overeat, then eat less at next mealtime or postpone your next meal.
TRUE. You're not missing the meal. You've already eaten it ahead of schedule.
10. Abdominal exercise trims fat off your midsection.
FALSE. You can only reduce overall body fat by burning more calories than you eat.