1. Over 95% of dieters regain weight because of genes, hormones & no
FALSE. Keeping weight off simply requires different skills
than losing weight on a diet.
2. Exercise makes it easier to lose weight because it burns calories &
FALSE. Exercise increases hunger & must be balanced with
proper amounts of food.
3. Eating high-calorie/high-fat foods or eating late at night is always
FALSE. Staying within your daily calorie allowance prevents
fat gain 24 hours a day.
4. North Americans are generally eating less fat and losing weight.
FALSE. We're eating less fat, but more calories & we're
5. Liposuction on your thighs permanently removes fat cells, so your thighs
FALSE. Your body creates new fat cells in the same area as
you store extra calories.
6. The fat in cellulite is more stubborn to burn than normal fat.
FALSE. Cellulite is overstuffed with normal fat, fluid
retention & poor muscle tone.
7. Walking a mile burns as many calories as running a mile.
TRUE. The amount of work is the same, it just takes longer to
8. Walking a mile burns more fat than running a mile.
TRUE. A greater percentage of calories are burned from fat at
lower intensity levels.
9. If you overeat, then eat less at next mealtime or postpone your next
TRUE. You're not missing the meal. You've already eaten it
ahead of schedule.
10. Abdominal exercise trims fat off your midsection.
FALSE. You can only reduce overall body fat by burning
more calories than you eat.